Thursday 15 August 2013

Theme Thursday link-up: Faith

I've been reading my favourite Catholic blogs for a little while now. I've thought about linking up with the peeps at Clan Donaldson, House Unseen or Camp Patton. Nerdily day-dreamed a bit about it. So of course the first time I have time to link up is when the theme is huge.

Faith.

Wow. I have a lot to say about that.

Let me paraphrase this, my story, as short as possible. I was raised protestant, wanted to "be cool," and do bad things and plus, protestantism never really made 100% sense to me so MOVE ON to cooler, partier stuff. Which then led me to self-loathing and emptiness. Cue God and the Catholic Church. Boom. Logic and fulfillment and liking myself again. I found the Faith.

My all-time favourite stained glass window. It is the whole rosary in pictures.

*disclaimer: I really like people and have much respect for many protestants, there is just a reason why I am Catholic, which is another post altogether. SO if you are protestant, please don't be insulted, I have much love & respect for you

6 comments:

  1. It is a very lovely window. What church is it in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Can I resonate with that story. And that window is sublime. So glad you linked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your conversion story is how I found your blog in the first place! I plan to one day write mine in full.

      Delete
  3. It is in the Dominican Black Abbey in Ireland :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your short conversion story. Welcome home. :)

    That stained glass window is incredible. My mom was mentioning recently that a priest told her that icons, statues, and stained glass windows were like the first "picture bibles," telling the stories of our faith to those who couldn't read. That window is a perfect example. Welcome to the link-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micaela! I've heard about "picture bibles" too. Apparently that's why Eastern Rite churches have icons absolutely everywhere, especially around the alter. So pretty!

      Delete